Egg and Cheese Wrap
Start the day with this flavorful burrito-style breakfast that combines the tanginess of tomato, the creamy richness of avocado and the salty punch of cheese.
- 1 fat-free whole-wheat flour tortilla (warm)
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoon tomatoes (diced)
- 1 large egg white (scrambled)
- 1 ounces Swiss cheese (low-fat)
- freshly-ground pepper (to taste)
- Add diced tomato to skillet and cook for 1 minute.
- Add egg white to the skillet and cook, stirring, until cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Season with black pepper.
- Fold tortilla burrito style and slice in half.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spread avocado in center of tortilla. Place egg mixture on top of avocado and sprinkle with cheese.
Recipe and photo courtesy of American Heart Association.