Chocolate Nut Cookie in a Mug
Give in to that cookie craving without making a whole batch of them with this single-serve microwaveable chocolate cookie that cooks in just one minute and uses healthier options to achieve that signature sweet taste.
- 1 tablespoon trans-fat-free tub margarine
- 10 drops chocolate-flavored liquid stevia sweetener
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts or
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- Put the margarine in a small microwaveable mug, ramekin, or custard cup. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 10 seconds, or just until the margarine is melted. Stir in the liquid stevia sweetener and the cocoa powder. Gradually stir in the flour until well blended. Stir in the egg white and nuts until well blended.
- Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 45 seconds, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the American Heart Association.