Awards & Achievements
Detroit Medical Center is continuously honored for the quality of care provided to the community. From patient safety and satisfaction to quality scores and centers of excellence, DMC uses an innovative, industry leading approach to advance knowledge through research, forever looking for ways to improve the compassionate care of each and every patient, visitor and employee that walks through our doors.
Our awards and medical achievements date back for over a century. We are quite proud of them, but know that you want to see the latest and greatest and have only included awards and other honors from the past three (3) years.
Scroll down to see a short description of each award. For historical medical achievements, click here to visit our History page.
- The Detroit Medical Center's (DMC) Receiving, Harper/Hutzel, including the Heart Hospital, Sinai-Grace and Huron Valley-Sinai hospitals have received the American Heart Association (AHA)/American Stroke Association’s (ASA) Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Silver Quality Achievement Award with Target: StrokeSM Honor Roll.
- Recognized among “America’s Best Hospitals” and “America’s Best Children’s Hospitals” by U.S. News and World Report ◦Ranked 45th Nationally in Neurology & Neurosurgery: DMC Harper University Hospital
- High Performers Across Multiple Specialties
- Top Hospitals for Safety and Quality by Leapfrog Group: Children’s Hospital of Michigan, DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital, DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital, DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Certified Centers of Excellence
- Minimally Invasive Gynecology: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital and DMC Hutzel Women’s Hospital
- Bariatric Surgery: DMC Harper University Hospital
- Most Wired Hospital by Hospitals & Health Networks magazine (since 2008)
- Magnet Recognition by American Nurses Credentialing Center: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital and DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
- Oldest Level One Trauma Center in USA: DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital
- Verified Pediatric and Adult Burn Centers by the American Burn Association and the American Colleges of Surgeons: Children’s Hospital of Michigan, DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital
- Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care by Blue Care Network: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Accredited in Rehabilitation, Spinal Cord System of Care, Brain Injury Inpatient and Outpatient Rehabilitation Program, Stoke Inpatient Rehabilitation and Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation Program by The Joint Commission and the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities: DMC Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
- Patient Centered Medical Home by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan: Rosa Parks Geriatric Center at DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital
- Physicians are consistently ranked at the top of their field as “Top Docs” by Best Doctors, Inc. and HOUR Detroit Magazine.
- Affiliation with National Sports Teams: DMC is the Exclusive Healthcare Provider for the Detroit Tigers (MLB), Detroit Red Wings (NHL) and Detroit Pistons (NBA), as well as the Detroit Marathon and Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix.