Dear Business Associate:
The Materials Resource Management department under the direction of Donald Groth, Corporate Vice President, MRM, is responsible for the supply chain continuum at the Detroit Medical Center. That continuum includes product standardization, acquisition, receipt, and delivery.
Materials Resource Management Administration can be reached at 313.578.2660.
|MMBDC Corporation of the Year Award - Healthcare Category, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
MMBDC Corporate One Award - 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
MMBDC Minority Input Committee Healthcare Sector 2002
Mich Hispanic Chamber of Commerce-Corporation of the Year Award - Non-Automotive Category, 2001
|The department is organized into the following functional areas:
TOTAL LINEN SERVICES (TLS), under the direction of the Executive Director, Gary Duncan, is responsible for:
- Processing and distribution of all hospital linen.
- Investigate opportunities for provision of laundry service to other healthcare systems.
TLS can be reached at 313.341.2900
CLINICAL ENGINEERING, under the direction of Makidah Mahdi, Corporate Director, is responsible for:
- Developing Clinical Engineering strategy that provides the highest level of safety and reliability for medical equipment to the clinical staff
- Coordination of the System Medical Equipment Maintenance Programs
- Oversight of contracted clinical/medical equipment service providers
- Development of system Policies and Procedures related to equipment maintenance and service
- Coordination and interaction with various regulatory agencies related to medical equipment
Clinical Engineering can be reached at 313.578.2824.
CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION, under the direction of Janet Abbruzzese, Corporate Director, is responsible for:
- Coordination and oversight of Value Analysis and standardization of clinical supplies and equipment
- Analyzing supply chain work flow in clinical areas, developing and implementing process improvement
- Analyzing cost, clinical efficacy and overall cost performance of high cost medical supplies
- Ensuring products selected maintain levels of quality, safety, clinical efficacy, as well as total cost performance
- MEDVAT and SURGVAT team efforts
Contract Administration can be reached at 313.578.2650
Supply Chain Initiatives can be reached at 313.578.3831
Bruce Lawrence, Supply Chain Project Manager
Luretta Pandya, Strategic Clinical Sourcing Manager
LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT, under the direction of Mike Weathersby, Corporate Director, is responsible for:
- Replenishment of patient care supplies
- Copy Centers and stand-alone copiers
- Formal receipt and delivery of all products
- Mail Services
- Supply Chain Initiatives, under the direction of Jonathan Kubert, Manager, is responsible for:
- Operational Oversight of ValueLink Stockless Program
- Establishment of new PAR (Periodic Automatic Replenishment) Locations
- Ongoing PAR Optimization
- Inventory Control and Supply Depots
- Point of Service Units (Starsys/Pyxis)
Logistics Management (Mike and Jon) can be reached at 313.745.1701.
PROCUREMENT, under the direction of Richard Gold, Corporate Director, is responsible for:
- Daily processing of Purchase Orders
- Assisting in implementation of product standardization efforts
- Development and enforcing compliance with procurement related policies
- Contract Administration
- Contract negotiations and compliance monitoring
- Bids and Proposals
- Vendor selection and compliance
Purchasing and contract administration for facilities + administrative services, can be reached at 313.578.2650.
SUPPLIER DIVERSITY, under the direction of Ed Wagner, Supplier Diversity/Marketing Support Manager, is responsible for:
- Minority and woman-owned business development
- Identify and attract diverse suppliers
- Assist diverse suppliers in developing key contacts
- Maintain database of diverse suppliers
Supplier Diversity inquiries contact 313.578.2662.
SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT, under the direction of Crystaline Kuykendall, Corporate Director, is responsible for:
- Liaison with Detroit Medical Center Information Services
- First-line support of the computer applications used in Procurement, Logistics Management, and Accounts Payable
- End-user training for these applications
- Liaison with vendor community related to electronic commerce
- Regulatory compliance and monitoring
Systems Development Analysts can be reached at 313.578.2705.