DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital Cancer Center Support Services
Visiting restrictions may vary due to COVID-19 restrictions; please call the main desk at 313-966-3116 to verify the most updated visitor policy.
At DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital, we believe in treating the whole person – emotionally and physically. Support for cancer goes beyond the latest treatment options and advanced medical expertise. No matter the diagnosis or treatment, the center takes
a multidisciplinary approach to everything they do.
Oncology Nurse Navigator
Our multidisciplinary approach also includes two certified nurse navigators. Our nurse navigator helps patients through the continuum of care from diagnosis, through treatments, into survivorship and removes any barriers to care for patients.
Nurse navigation services include:
- Coordinate appointments
- Educate patients and caregivers about diagnosis and treatment options
- Acts as liaison between patient, caregivers and healthcare providers
- Connect patients with support services
- Continuous supportive care throughout the cancer journey
To speak with our Oncology Nurse Navigator, call Cheryl Kemp, MSN RN at 313-966-1280.
Oncology Registered Dietitian
We are firm believers in the team approach for our patients. Our Registered Dietitian provides nutritional counseling which includes:
- Determine individualized nutrition requirements across the continuum of the cancer experience, including prevention, treatment and survivorship
- Provide diet recommendations and education
- Help reduce cancer treatment side effects
- Help optimize energy, strength, and immune function
- Promote healthy eating and lifestyle habits
- Provide nutrition-related resources
Nutrition counseling is held at Sinai-Grace Hospital. To schedule an appointment with our Registered Dietitian, call Sahar Rida at 313-966-1840.
Oncology Social Worker
The Sinai-Grace Cancer Center has an Oncology Social Worker to address the social, emotional, and financial struggles that may accompany a cancer diagnosis. The Oncology Social Worker is available to all cancer patients and family members
to provide support, education, referrals, and counseling throughout their diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. This support service is free of charge.
Our oncology social worker can help you:
- Access information to help you understand your diagnosis
- Consider decisions about treatment options in light of work, family and what’s important to you
- Understand Social Security benefits, disability benefits and insurance coverage
- Apply for programs that offer financial assistance
Oncology social worker can help you access:
- Affordable medical care and prescription drug coverage
- Transportation to and from medical care
- Agencies who provide help at home
- Home health care and hospice treatment
- Planning for your care with the use of advance directives
To learn more about our cancer care services, call the Sinai-Grace Cancer Center at 313-966-3116.