Why Choose Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital for Your Baby’s Birth?Dec 10, 2020
Delivering a baby into the world is one of life’s most precious moments. Caregivers at Huron Valley’s Harris Women’s Center (HWC) offer expectant parents a welcoming and personalized birthing experience. The top five reasons to choose The Harris Birthing Center are:
- All HWC registered nurses are trained in AWHONN advanced fetal monitoring, have attained neonatal resuscitation program certification, are Advanced Cardiac Life Support certified, and combined, have an average of 19 years of experience working in the labor and delivery environment.
- The Harris Women’s Center is certified as a Level II special care nursery, and our staff trains alongside experts from Children’s Hospital of Michigan. Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital partners with the Children’s Hospital of Michigan and the PANDA One dedicated pediatric and neonatal ambulance team should your baby need a higher level of care at a Regional Level IV neonatal intensive care unit.
The Harris Women’s Center offers a tailored birthing experience including natural childbirth and pain management options.
- For moms who choose pain management, HWC offers intravenous medications, epidural infusions and nitrous oxide. The Harris Birthing Center is one of only a few hospitals in metro Detroit offering this form of pain control today.
- HWC offers 24-hour coverage including lactation (breastfeeding) consultation and anesthesia services. Additionally, HWC is supported by 24-hour obstetrics and pediatric providers, as well as a neonatologist.
- The Harris Women’s Center offers parents a private labor, delivery, recovery and post-partum (LDRP) suite equipped with birthing balls, birthing bars, peanut balls, aromatherapy, comfortable upright birthing (CUB) chairs, wireless fetal monitoring, a private bathroom and personal refrigerators.
Additionally, a half-mile Early Labor Walking Path provides moms the freedom to move throughout several floors of the hospital during early labor. Using an online app, moms can visit various stations throughout the hallways and stairwells to practice stretching and breathing exercises and to learn about how to use a birthing bar, how to choose a pediatrician and much more.
Choosing a hospital to deliver a new family member is personal. To learn more about labor and delivery services at Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital, visit the Harris Women’s Center online here.