Visiting Clergy Procedures
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital welcomes and encourages visits from patients’ clergy. We recognize that the support provided by trusted faith leaders to those who are hospitalized is essential to the healing process. We will do whatever we can to facilitate
your ministry when you come to visit. However, we ask that you follow our established guidelines listed below:
Visiting clergy members are required to wear a Visiting Clergy ID badge every time they are in the hospital.
Procedure to obtain a badge and courtesy parking pass:
- Complete an Application Form (contact Doris Montgomery at [email protected] or call (313) 966-3452)
- Return the application to the Spiritual Care Services office for authorization, located in the Lourdes Building, Room L-338.
- Take your authorization form to the Parking and Badging Office in Human Resources, located on the 1st floor of the Lourdes Building.
- A picture ID badge will be furnished which will provide access to the DMC Sinai-Grace visitor parking lot.
- Please park in the visitor's lot and enter through the front lobby.
Please learn the visitation guidelines for each hospital unit. These have been developed to protect our patients from infection and stress and to ensure a restful, healing environment. While patients are in the hospital, their medical care is our top
Visits to some patients are restricted for infection control or other reasons. We will maintain privacy and confidentiality for them. Some restrictions are essential for compliance with state and federal safety and privacy regulations. Exceptions to visitation
regulations may be made only at the discretion of the patient, nursing staff, and security personnel.
The Visiting Clergy Badge is a privilege offered in good faith under the assumptions that the minister will visit only members of his or her congregation. The minister will maintain professional conduct appropriate to the role. Any breach of this understanding
may lead to revocation of this privilege.
When You Have a Concern
Contact the Patient Relations Department on the 1st
floor of Sinai-Grace Hospital, or call (313) 966-4565. Spiritual Care Services can be contacted at (313) 966-3452, or by paging (313) 745-0203, pager #5861. There
is a chaplain on call in the hospital generally Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding so that, together, we can provide the best care for your patients.
Spiritual Care Services Contact:
DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
6071 W. Outer Dr.
Detroit, MI 48235
Office: (313) 966-3452
Pager: (313) 745-0203 #9269
Email: [email protected]