Scheduling an appointment for a mammogram at the DMC is easy!
The DMC has several locations throughout the region for mammogram screenings. Call (888) 362-2500 to schedule an appointment.
According to the American Cancer Society, breast cancer is the most common cancer among American women, except for skin cancers. Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in women, exceeding lung cancer. Today, about 1 in 8 (12%) women in the US will develop invasive breast cancer during their lifetime. The rates for breast cancer diagnosis have been on the decline since 1989. This decline is attributed to increased community education, women adhering to regular mammogram screening and improved medical treatments.
- About 231,840 new cases of cancer diagnosed in women and men.
- About 132,250 are younger than 65.
- About 40,290 women and men die from breast cancer
Do you know your risk?
Staying on top of your breast health starts with you and your primary primary care provider:
- Each year, during your annual primary visit, your physician should do a routine breast examination.
- Women ages 50 - 74 years should get a mammogram every 2 years.
- Women younger than age 50 should talk to their doctor about when to start and how often to have a mammogram
DMC partners with Karmanos Cancer Institute for specialized treatment of breast cancer. Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women in the United States, other than skin cancer. It is the second leading cause of cancer death in women, after lung cancer.
DMC offers digital mammography at:
DMC Bloomfield Hills Mammography
North Pointe Office Building
2525 Telegraph, Suite 202
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Phone: (248) 937-3440
DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Charach Cancer Treatment Center
1 William Carls Drive
Commerce Township MI 48382
Phone: (248) 937-3440
DMC Sinai-Grace Professional Office Building
6001 W. Outer Drive, Suite 206
Detroit, MI 48235
Phone: (313) 966-6060
Call (888) 362-2500 to schedule an appointment.
Digital mammography uses the latest technology to provide the most comprehensive breast exam, and better quality images. Digital mammograms are especially helpful for women who are over 50, pre-menopausal or have dense breasts.
What makes digital better
- Digital mammography offers several advantages:
- Since digital images are available almost immediately and no film development time is necessary, the wait time for the patient is less.
- Digital diagnostic mammography results are often available immediately, reducing anxiety.
- Digital screening mammography results are reported to the doctor within 48 hours, so there is no delay in diagnosis.
- This technology also means it's less likely that patients will need to be called back for additional exposure.