As an accredited Chest Pain Center, DMC Huron Valley- Sinai Hospital offers rapid diagnosis and fast-track treatment before a cardiac situation worsens, often preventing a severe heart attack from occurring.
DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital offers (PCI). PCI is the technical name for angioplasty, the process of clearing a blocked or narrowed coronary artery that could lead to a heart attack. The accreditation follows the Society's rigorous review of the hospital’s clinical protocols and the patient care it provides chest pain patients. DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital it accredited to perform both elective and emergent PCI procedures.
Top-quality cardiac care includes state-of-the-art diagnostic testing that reveals a comprehensive view of the heart. Our specialists provide the latest in cardiac testing procedures:
- Stress Testing
- Cardiopulmonary Stress Testing
- Pharmaceutical Stress Testing
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Treadmill Testing
- Tilt Table Study
- Dobutamine Echocardiogram
- Stress Echocardiogram
- Transesophageal Echocardiogram
- Holter Monitoring
- 30-Day Event Monitoring
- Ambulatory Cardiac Telemetry Monitoring
- Diagnosis and treatment options for peripheral arterial disease (PAD)
- Priority access to a 128-slice CT cardiac imaging
Treatments and Capabilities
When diagnostic tests indicate the need for treatment, our unparalleled cardiology team works together to determine the most appropriate procedures, including peripheral vascular procedures and Automatic Implantable Cardiac Defibrillators (AICD’s). Capabilities also include electrophysiology for the treatment of abnormal heartbeats or arrhythmias. As an accredited Chest Pain Center, Huron Valley- Sinai Hospital offers rapid diagnosis and fast-track treatment before a situation worsens, often preventing a severe heart attack from occurring. Once admitted, patients experiencing symptoms of a possible heart attack will see a physician promptly and receive treatment during the critical early stages, when treatments are most effective. DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital have experts ready for any of your cardiac needs:
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Emergency Angioplasty
- Elective Angioplasty
- Interventional Cardiology
- LDL Aphaeresis
- Cardiac Calcium Scoring
- Respiratory Services
- Digital Echocardiology
- Peripheral Artery Disease
What's Your Risk for Heart Disease?
Cardiovascular disease remains America’s number one cause of death, according to the American Heart Association. This startling statistic can be reversed with early detection and preventative measures.
Determine if you are at risk of developing heart disease by taking this simple test:
- Are you a smoker or do you live or work with someone who smokes daily?
- Are you a man over the age of 45 or a woman over the age of 55?
- Do you or someone in your family have a history of heart disease?
- Are you overweight?
- Is your total cholesterol higher than 200mg/dL or are you unsure of your cholesterol count?
- Is your blood pressure higher than 140/90 or are you unsure of your blood pressure?
- Do you exercise less than three times a week for 30 minutes?
- Do you have diabetes?
If you answered YES to two or more of these questions then you may be at risk for heart disease. Taking appropriate measures now can reduce your risk of serious health issues. We urge you to visit your primary care or call (888} DMC- 2500 for a referral. It could save your life.
For more information about cardiac care at DMC, click here. or call (248) 937-4242.