How to Apply
The Detroit Medical Center/Wayne State University Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology accepts residency applications through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The only documentation that will be considered is that which is submitted through ERAS. Applicants may begin to submit applications effective Tuesday, September 1, 2021 with the deadline for complete applications being Friday, October 1, 2021. We will begin reviewing applications immediately following the deadline, October 1, 2021 at which time the application process is closed. No consideration will be given to applications received after this date (October 1, 2021).
- Three letters of recommendation (not including the Dean’s letter). One of the three letters should be from the chairman of Obstetrics and Gynecology of your medical school.
- Medical School Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- USMLE scores above 210; COMLEX scores above 550; and have passed on the first attempt.
- Date of Medical School Graduation to be no more than 5 years ago.
- Graduates of medical schools outside the United States and Canada must either:
- Have ECFMG Certification at the time of application, or
- Have successfully completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school.
- We only sponsor J1 Visas
- I-9 documents are required to be signed with each appointment or reappointment.
- October 1 – Application Deadline
- September 29 to October 19 – Program Review of Applications
- October 19 and following – Invitations to interview extended
Due to the continuing Covid-19 pandemic, all interviews will be conducted virtually.
- Tuesday, October 26, 2021
- Tuesday, November 02, 2021
- Tuesday, November 09, 2021
- Tuesday, November 16, 2021
- Tuesday, November 30, 2021
- Tuesday, December 07, 2021
- Tuesday, December 14, 2021
- Tuesday, December 21, 2021