About Us - Services
The Detroit Medical Center International Services staff attends to the special concerns and needs of international patients and their families. When you choose DMC for your health care services you will be assigned a personal International Services Coordinator to plan and facilitate all aspects of your visit to the Detroit Medical Center.
Your DMC International Services Coordinator will provide you and your family with:
- Full coordination of services before, during and after your visit
- Cost estimates, package pricing and bundle billing
- Processing to receive, review and return medical records
- Information and provision of visa documentation
- Coordination of translation and interpretation services
- Facilitate resources and arrangements for your and your family’s visit, including hospital admission, accommodations, and travel and transportation information.
- Scheduling of all appointments & services
- Information and assistance regarding banking and currency exchange
- Support and resources for religious and cultural customs
- Assist with exchanging information between patient and referring health care provider to ensure continuum of care
Contact DMC International Services
Tel: (313) 745-8761
Toll Free: (800) 745-6447 (from Canada and Abroad)
Fax: (313) 745-9508
World class care is available at your fingertips by calling (800) 745-6447. You will be connected to DMC International Services staff that are knowledgeable and can assist you in getting the answers you need.
International Services will be able to assist you with insurance questions, information regarding obtaining prior approval, obtaining your medical records, and providing pricing information before your visit. We will even verify coverage and, if applicable, directly bill your international provider.
DMC International Services will coordinate all aspects of your visit from scheduling all appointments, consultation, diagnostics or surgical procedures, to assisting you with visa documents, accommodation reservations, translation, transportation, dietary needs ensuring all resources are available to facilitate the most convenient stay. Our expert physicians will work closely with your primary care physician to ensure the best and most cost effective medical treatment and facilitate your continuum of care.