Anesthesiology Fellowship Program
Specialized Education for Anesthesiologists
Thank you for your interest in a Fellowship in the Department of Anesthesiology at the DMC. The Department currently offers two accredited fellowship opportunities:
- Pediatric Anesthesia (Accredited)
- Pain Medicine (Accredited)
All fellowships are available in the PGY-5 (CA-4) year. Qualified applicants will have completed four years of training in an ACGME accredited anesthesiology or physical medicine and rehabilitation (for pain fellowship only) residency program, currently in the examination process with the American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA), and be eligible to obtain a State of Michigan medical license.
Applications are accepted from April to July each year. All applicants must be board eligible. Interviews are scheduled between August and October.
All fellowship applicants are required to submit:
- A current resume/CV
- A completed fellowship application for the fellowship program of interest
- Three letters of recommendation from those who are familiar with the applicant’s prior medical performance, work habits, decision making, etc.
- Any other supporting documentation that the applicant feels would be beneficial to his/her application (copies of standardized test scores, such as ITE exams, AKT exams, USMLE scores, etc.)
- A recent picture/photo
- Availability for a formal interview
A completed fellowship application includes all of the above materials. Please review each fellowship program below for more information and where to send your completed fellowship application.
Applicants who send in a completed application and all of the required documentation may be invited for a formal interview. All fellowship applications are reviewed and candidates are interviewed by the Director and/or program faculty and staff of each fellowship program. All applicants will be notified of the final decision in writing. Successful applicants who receive an offer for a position will be notified in writing and a contract from GME (Graduate Medical Education) will follow.
For more information regarding the Pain Medicine fellowship applications, please contact Stephanie Harris at (313) 745-7233. For Pediatric Anesthesiology Fellowship information, please contact the Children’s Hospital of Michigan directly at (313) 745-5535.
Pediatric Anesthesiology FellowshipPain Medicine Fellowship