Sliced Fruit with Honey-Vanilla Yogurt Dip
While it is easier to go for store-brought flavored yogurts, they are not always the healthiest options. Try this yogurt dip recipe at home along with chopped fruits of your choice and skip the extra sugar and unwanted preservatives.
- 2 cups green or red grapes (halved, if desired)
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and sliced (about 2 cups banana slices)
- 1 red or green apple, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups plain, fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Chop and prepare each fruit: halve the grapes (if desired); peel and slice the bananas; and slice the apple. Arrange on a large plate or platter.
- In a small bowl, add yogurt, honey, and vanilla extract. Stir together until combined. To serve, dip fruit into the yogurt.
Recipe courtesy of American Heart Association