Overnight No-Cook Banana Oatmeal
Conquer the week ahead with this classic and tasty oatmeal combo. Play around with other toppings like dried fruit, unsweetened coconut, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds or chia seeds. Be sure to cut the bananas right before eating to keep them from turning brown overnight.
- 2 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups rolled oats (not instant or quick-cooking)
- 2 bananas, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped, unsalted pecans or walnuts
- In a large, re-sealable container or bowl, add milk, honey and extract. Stir to combine, adding oats and stirring to combine. Seal or cover; place in the refrigerator and let it sit overnight.
- The next day, peel each banana. Halve each one lengthwise and slice. Divide sliced bananas and nuts over each oatmeal portion. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of American Heart Association.