The Cardiac Catheterization Lab at DMC features The CorPath® 200 System, the latest technology created by Corindus Vascular Robotics. The system allows a cardiologist to sit at a control panel, operate a robotic arm to guide the catheter tube to the blockage in an artery, and remotely deploy a stent or balloon to restore blood flow -- all from behind a specially designed cockpit.
The CorPath® 200 System
- Precise Movements -- Robotic-assisted control allows for precise and stable placement of stents and balloons.
- Enhanced Visualization -- Monitors are moved closer to physicians, offering more detailed viewing and enhanced focus on the procedure.
- New Possibilities
In the not too distant future, the use of a robot could provide an extra set of extremely dependable hands, that don't get tired, to peform longer and more complex procedures.
The CorPath 200 System puts you in command of percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) procedures. The system provides procedure control from an interventional cockpit, allowing for robotic-assisted placement of coronary guidewires and stent/balloon catheters.
The physician operates in a comfortable environment, completely focused on patient physiology. The ergonomically optimized cockpit enhances visualization, minimizes fatigue, and protects the operator against exposure to radiation and other occupational hazards such as back strain.
A safer, more ergonomic environment that gives you more procedure control. That’s the CorPath 200 System.
The New Standard in Precision PCI
• Stent placed with robotic precision1
• Precise point and shoot guidewire manipulation
• Sub-millimeter measurement
• Discrete 1mm device movements
• Reduction in radiation exposure2
• Improved ergonomics
• Enhanced visualization while sitting in the Interventional Cockpit
• Attract and retain physicians
• Unique tool to highlight technology leadership to attract patients
• Cost efficient solution
• Quick installation into existing cath lab
• Designed to fit into current workflow demands
1 Robotic precision defined as movement of devices by the CorPath 200
2 PRECISE Clinical Trial