When it’s serious come to Detroit.
Patients from over 100 different countries around the globe have.
The Detroit Medical Center understands that being an international visitor can be confusing and overwhelming. That is why the DMC takes pride in being a “family-centered” comprehensive medical system.
Through the eight world-class specialty hospitals and two partnered institutes the Detroit Medical Center offers patients from around the globe access to state-of-the-art technology, the most advanced diagnostic procedures and treatments, the latest in medical research and excellent physicians.
The International Services staff of the Detroit Medical Center is dedicated to meeting the special needs of the international patient and family. Through one efficient process all services are coordinate and resources accessed providing comprehensive support for the international visitors entire stay at the Detroit Medical Center.
One Point of Entry
DMC International Services
Your liaison to coordinate all your healthcare needs
Toll Free 1-800-745-6447 (From Canada and Abroad)
Patients world wide are coming to Detroit Medical Center.
The Detroit Medical Center International Services staff attends to the special concerns and needs of international patients and their families. When you choose DMC for your health care services you will be assigned an International Services Coordinator to plan and facilitate all aspects of your visit to the Detroit Medical Center.
Your DMC International Services Coordinator will provide you and your family with:
- Full coordination of services before, during and after your visit
- Cost estimates, package pricing and bundle billing
- Processing to receive, review and return of medical records
- Information and provision of visa documentation
- Coordination of translation and interpretation services
- Facilitate resources and arrangements regarding the patient’s and family’s visit, hospital admission, accommodations, travel and transportation
- Scheduling and concerted coordination of all appointments & services
- Information regarding banking and currency exchange and assist in the facilitation of these transactions
- Support and resources for religious and cultural customs
- Facilitation of information between patient and referring health care provider to ensure continuum of care
As your liaison the Detroit Medical Center International Services staff manages your entire stay and is “always there”.