Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the state of Michigan, and the nation. That’s why Detroit Medical Center has dedicated powerful resources to creating cardiac care centers that lead the region in research and care.
Our leading edge technology and facilities allow our team of cardiovascular specialists to deliver a full spectrum of services. From advanced diagnostics that allow our doctors to see the heart like never before, to an array of minimally invasive procedures designed to allow our DMC heart specialists to treat the problem with reduced pain, scarring and recovery time.
From the Pediatric Heart Specialists at DMC Children’s Hospital of Michigan to the experts of DMC Cardio Team One, DMC cardiovascular care is always there.
…DMC Harper University Hospital was chosen as one of the Top 50 hospitals in the nation for Cardiology Care in 2011 by U.S.News & World Report.
…DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital was named among the best in Heart and Heart Surgery in southeast Michigan by U.S.News & World Report.
It’s why we created DMC Cardio Team One, the only place in the state where heart specialists are on site, not “on call.” When you come to DMC Harper University Hospital, DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital and DMC SInai-Grace Hospital with a cardiac emergency, our specialists are ready and waiting to begin care, 24/7, every day of the year.
Learn more about DMC Cardio Team One at DMC's Midtown campus (DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital and DMC Harper University Hospital) and at DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital.
It’s also why we created DMC Cardiovascular Institute, the first hospital in the state dedicated solely to cardiac care. Currently at home inside DMC Harper University Hospital, DMC Cardiovascular Institute will soon move to a new multi-floor, multi-million dollar building, right here in midtown Detroit.
The DMC cardiovascular team stands ready to perform the necessary procedures, including:
- Therapeutic cardiac catheterizations with stenting
- Emergency angioplasty
- Laser atherectomy
- Peripheral procedures with cryoplasty
- Pacemaker placement
- Open-heart surgery
- Internal defibrillator placement
- Radio-frequency ablation
Other Cardiology Services
Cardiology Testing – Echocardiogram, Electrophysiology & Rhythm Management and Stress Testing
Classes & Programs
Vascular Care and Vascular Surgery
Vascular Care refers to care and treatment of the system through which the flow of blood transports oxygen and nutrients to and from organs, muscles and tissue throughout the body. When something interrupts the essential functions of the vascular system, you may need to see a DMC vascular disease specialist or vascular surgeon. DMC Vascular physicians manage diseases and conditions of the circulatory system. The most common conditions they treat are: Vascular Care refers to care and treatment of the system through which the flow of blood transports oxygen and nutrients to and from organs, muscles and tissue throughout the body. When something interrupts the essential functions of the vascular system, you may need to see a DMC vascular disease specialist or vascular surgeon. DMC Vascular physicians manage diseases and conditions of the circulatory system. The most common conditions they treat are:
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
- Open thoracic and abdominal aneurysm repair
- Aortic surgery for occlusive disease
◦ Aortofemoral bypass
◦ Mesenteric bypass
◦ Renal bypass and
- Minimally invasive aortic surgery
◦ Thoracic endovascular aneurysm repair – TEVAR
◦ Abdominal endovascular aneurysm repair – EVAR
◦ Iliac artery stenting
◦ Mesenteric artery stenting
◦ Renal artery stenting
Carotid Artery Disease and Great Vessels Disease
- Carotid endarterectomy and stenting
- Revascularization of subclavian and innominate vessels in
preparation for thoracic aneurysm endografting
- Carotid – subcalvian bypass
- Subclavian artery stenting
- Thoracic outlet syndrome Claudication
Complex Aortic reconstructions
- Aortic dissection
- Debranching procedures in preparation for minimally invasive
aneurysm repair with a stent.Deep vein thrombosis
Diabetic foot wound care
- Access creation
- Access maintenance
- Thrombectomies of the occluded access
Hyperlipedemia (high cholesterol)
Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
- Non invasive testing – Ankle Brachial Index and Walking Stress test
- Femoral popliteal bypass surgery
- Femoral – popliteal stenting
- Femoral popliteal balloon angioplasty
- Thrombolytic therapy
- Minimally invasive atherectomy
- Open repair of the popliteal aneurysm
- Minimally invasive repair popliteal aneurysm
- Radiofrequency ablation vein surgery
- Laser vein surgery
- Varicose veins injection sclerotherapy
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Paget – Schrouder disease
- May – Turner disease
Venous stasis ulcers