What are some reasons a woman might consider undergoing a cosmetic procedure?
What surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures are available through the DMC?
How do I know what’s right for me?
What things should someone consider when choosing a cosmetic surgeon?
The Detroit Medical Center offers a full range of plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery options, including:
Breast augmentation, reduction or lift
Endoscopic brow lift
Face or neck lift
Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction (UAL)
Vaser®-Assisted High-Definition Liposculpturing (VAHDL)
The DMC has a complete array of non-surgical services and physician-grade skin care options to help you look and feel your best:
Botox for sweating
When choosing a cosmetic surgeon and a procedure, it’s wise to do some research in advance:
- Ask if the surgeon is board certified in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. If they are board certified in a specialty other than Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, find out why they feel qualified to perform cosmetic surgery procedures.
- Find out how many times the surgeon has performed the procedure you are selecting. Studies show that the more times a surgeon has performed a procedure, the better his/her outcomes tend to be.
- Does the surgeon perform his/her procedures in a hospital or in his/her office? For optimal patient safety and quality, most cosmetic and plastic surgery procedures should be performed in a hospital or hospital-affiliated surgery center — not a private doctor’s office.
- Be skeptical of any non-surgical cosmetic procedure that claims to produce results comparable to surgical procedures. For example, many women have been disappointed by results of non-surgical procedures advertised as “non-surgical face lifts.”
- Find a surgeon that is capable of performing a wide variety of procedures, not just one or two different procedures. No two women are alike and it’s important to find a surgeon who can personalize his/her approach for you.
Download our Health for Life Apps:
Follow us on: