The Detroit Medical Center is dedicated to assisting physicians and allied health professions in completing the DMC credentialing process as quickly and efficiently as possible. It is very important that the application be submitted correctly and completely in order for the DMC to process in accordance with our policies and accreditation standards.
To obtain an application, please contact DMC Central Verification Office at 313-993-0203 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.Application and supporting documentation requirements
- A complete and legible application. Please type or print and ensure all areas of the application are completed. If an area of the application does not apply, please mark N/A.
- “Authorization for Release of Information” form, signed and dated.
- Photo ID – A copy of a government issued photo ID – passport, Driver’s license must be submitted in order to initiate the application process.
- Photo: You mat provide either a passport photo or a color photo (head shot) measuring 1.5 x 1.5 inches. A digital photo can be e-mailed to email@example.com. (Physicians may contact Medical Photography at 313-745-5583 for assistance with the application photo.)
- $200.00 application fee. Make checks payable to: The Detroit Medical Center.
- Copies of all Michigan professional and controlled substance licenses.
- Copy of federal DEA license – this must have a Michigan address.
- Proof of current professional liability insurance. Documentation must state that this coverage extends to your practice within the DMC facilities. DMC policy mandates a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 coverage.
- Documentation of all past professional liability insurance carriers.
- Board certification.
- ECFMG certificate, if applicable.
- Internship, residency program(s), and fellowship program(s). Provide copies of your certificates of completion.
- Evidence of military service.
- Current and past hospital affiliations.
- Complete training and work history since graduation from medical school. Any gaps greater than 30 days must be explained in writing.
- Professional references. Please provide complete names and addresses.
- Delineation of privileges. Please review form carefully and note any extra documentation that may be required for your particular specialty, i.e. surgical summary, evidence of additional training, etc.
- Signed “CME Attestation” form or documentation of CME credits for the previous two years.
- Evidence of compliance with mandatory Tuberculosis Evaluation.
- Submit your application in a timely manner – at least 90 to 120 days prior to your need to utilize the health system.
- Review list of required documentation that must accompany the application. All documentation will be verified.
- The DMC Central Verification Office will keep you informed of the progress in processing your application. We will contact you if information/documentation is missing or expired, or if we need your assistance in obtaining verification.
If you have any questions, please contact DMC Central Verification Office at 313-993-0203 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .