Click the Download Here link to save this file to disk
3. Installing the Citirx Macintosh Client Back to top
Installing the ICA Macintosh Client
Decompress "Macica_sea.hqx" (just downloaded) using Stuffit expander
Open the "Citrix ICA Client 6.0" Folder created by Stuffit expander
Double-click the "Installer" icon to run the installation program
Follow the directions on your screen
4. Instructions to Configure the Mac Internet Explorer Browser Back to top
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. On the File Menu, Select Edit menu, choose Preferences.
3. Under Receiving Files, click on File Helpers.
Tip: Ensure there are no other File Helpers configured for the .ICA file extension. File Helpers are in alphabetical order. There could be one titled "application/x-ica" that is not registered with a binary and another entry entitled Citrix or ICA, etc. that is registered to launch the Citrix ICA Connection Center. Internet Explorer will use the first File Helper it finds. Therefore, since application/x-ica comes before Citrix or ICA and it is not registered, the launch fails.
4. Click the Add button. Enter the following information:
Description: Citrix ICA Connection
MIME Type: application/x-ica
5. Under File Type, click the Browse button and browse the Mac hard drive for the Citrix ICA Connection Center binary.
6. Under File Creator, change ICAE to IICA.
7. Change the File Type to TEXT.
8. Under the Encoding section, ensure that Plain Text is selected, Binary data is not selected, Macintosh file is unchecked, Use for incoming is checked, Use for outgoing is unchecked
9. Under Handling, select View with Application from the drop-down list. In some cases Post Process with Application may be selected. Again, browse for the Citrix ICA Connection Center binary.
10. Select OK until all changes are applied and close and restart Internet Explorer for the changes to take effect.
11.You will also need to install a SSL certificate on your computer. Hold down the control key on your keyboard, Click here and select "download to disk" from the dropdown list.
NOTE: Do not double-click on the SSL certificate. If you open it, it will prompt you to set a password that you will need to use every time you access CIS from this computer. Drag the downloaded certificate (serverbasic.crt) into the following folder on your hard drive: Citrix ICA Client \ keystore \ cacerts.
12. Double-click the DMC Citrix Desktop icon and login using your DMC Enterprise/NT login ID & Password. A file (launch.asp) will be downloaded to your selected download folder (desktop is the default) and the DMC Citrix Desktop will open.
Note: you may delete the launch.asp file after the DMC Citrix Desktop has opened. Every time you launch the DMC Citrix Desktop a new file will be downloaded.